Monday 3 June 2013

What the Hell? - Thank you readers!

I received the message that my Blog has been chosen as a finalist for the Singapore Blog Award.

I had subscribed for this myself, I still remember how it happened.
 I had just come back from the gym,  where I had run a solid 15 mins on the tred mill and where I stationary-biked until I was warned by the built-in computer that my heart rate was too high. I was tired, yet  satisfied. I had pushed my boundaries. I looked in the mirror, feeling happy about how I conquered my laziness. It was in this rush of victory that my girlfriend pointed out there was a Singapore Blog Award. I decided to subscribe.

I found out however that there were defined categories where the blog should fit into. But I realized that the photos I had put up would not nearly make it suitable for the 'Photos' categorie, nor would my cool helmet remark and cycling jersey make it fit the 'Fashion' category. I could not make it fit 'Travel' even though I am a foreigner, so a traveler by default. Or 'Food', although I did mention local food several times.
Fortunately, my eyes were caught by the 'What the Hell' category. A title that adequately describes the content of my Blog. Needless to say, it was in this category that I subscribed.

Contrary to the expectations of me, my brother, my girlfriend, my close friends and all vague acquaintances,  I then was informed that my blog is one of the finalists for the What the Hell category!

I checked out some of my competitors in this underrated category.
I noticed that most of them are quite pointless.
Yes, I am facing tough competition.

Now I hope you will find my blog the most pointless of them all.

I hope you will vote for me (Click here)!

Unfortunately, only Singapore residents can vote (ID number required). The phone number does not have to be real (you can even put '#' in)

but if I don't win.....What the Hell?




2 comments:

  1. HAHAH! I like this one!

    "I checked out some of my competitors in this underrated category.
    I noticed that most of them are quite pointless.
    Yes, I am facing tough competition."

    All the best for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ang Moh,

    I just saw your blog on the finalist, haha. congrats!

    I visited your blog and I like it for sure!

    For now I’m working in Printic, an IT company base in Paris. Printic developed a nice Phone App and we would like to invite you join our free trail. It offers you the easiest and fastest way to order HD Polaroid-style prints from your smartphone (iOS&Android), Instagram and Facebook. With few clicks, you can send your lovely photos to everywhere you want in the world without delivery fees!

    Printic is working well in Europe and America The most fascinating news is we are going to launch in Singapore and Malaysia very soon!

    Since the company loves your blog too, we are happy to invite you become to the first user in Singapore/Malaysia! We would like to offer you free trails. After that if you like the experiences with Printic, You are more than welcome to share it on your blog and facebook!

    To know more about us, welcome to our website and video.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfY-L4TgFtc
    http://www.printicapp.com/

    I’m really looking forward to hear from you~~

    Have a nice day~
    Best regards,
    Siyuan GE
    siyuan@printicapp.com

    ReplyDelete